Dear YWAM leaders:
Once again we are running a Missionary Care Foundations Course (MCFC) in Nairobi Kenya July 27th to August 14th, 2015. Originally created in Africa for our YWAM missionaries, this model of training is growing internationally within YWAM as well as across other agencies within Africa.
We are encouraged at the growth of member care worldwide and its impact in the lives of missionaries. A number of newer sending agencies in Africa have found much similarity and identified well with our decentralized YWAM teams. The MCFC is being convened in Kenya by participants who have taken ahold of this model and are actively using its skills in the field with their missionaries. The training will be held at the FOCUS Centre in Kasarani, Nairobi, Kenya.
This training will take a preventative approach to member care, including:
• Stress & cross-cultural issues affecting missionaries
• Listening, drawing out, interviewing and other people skills
• Varieties of debriefing types and styles and their place in missions
• Coaching missionaries in support raising and encouraging networking
• Basic awareness on such issues as grief & loss, suicide, depression, and more
• Develop a proposed member care plan for their own location, which is subject to the approval of their leadership
Do note that this is an intense and interactive training course which helps develop valuable people skills that are also transferable to other mission ministries. Please circulate this information among our YWAM teams.
Click here for a brochure and an application form. You can send the application form to: Wairimu Kamau at firstname.lastname@example.org
YWAMers please CC a copy to email@example.com.
Yours for equipping of missionaries,
Randy and Jane Rhoades
Staff Development Facilitators, YWAM Africa